Thursday, June 19, 2008

The End of the Second School Year

Good times is a reoccurring theme here at PS/MS 31. This year I met Mrs. Rochelle Washington Smith who became my new work wife. The story is too funny to mention and must be told in person. Please ask me about it the next time you see me.

As the year comes to an end, I am sad to see so many of the people who I have worked so closely with over the past two years move on to greener pastures. Bex, one of my other work-wives is moving to San Francisco after a fun-filled summer here in NYC, Jessica K. will be moving to Buffalo to continue her education and Jessica D. secured a position on Long Island; a coveted position at a great school district.

Many of my colleagues will also be returning, but in new capacities and/or responsibilities. I look forward to collaborating with them and all of our new additions to the PS/MS 31 Family.

The next seven days bring with it anxiety and a heightened level of stress as the year comes to a close. Last night was the eighth grade prom, Friday is their graduation and awarding of their diplomas which have been earned through hard work. The families and the students themselves should be proud and inspired by their accomplishments achieved this year.

I am looking forward to the end of the week and the end of next week as we say good-bye to our friends, students and colleagues and say hello to the summer period of rejuvenation, exploration and re-energizing for the year ahead.

Hello to Summer 2008!

1 comment:

bex said...

yay for summer! you are adorable.
xo,
bex