Monday, April 26, 2010

Good Restaurant

89 Greenwich Avenue
New York, NY 10014
(212) 691-8080

www.goodrestaurantnyc.com

Saturday night, at the bar, almost no one is in sight, except a handsome bartender with a big smile, a delicious beverage and food menu to be studied before selections made. I choose the St. Germain Manhattan. Fantastic choice as I am a Manhattan connoisseur. Over the past few months, while packing on a few extra pounds to get through the hibernation period of winter in New York, I have had the pleasure of tastefully monitoring the mixology of the Manhattan around the island of Manhattan. I will say, "Good Restaurant is in the top ten."

So then on to the food. The GRILLED CALAMARI salad with roasted red peppers, olives, capers, basil & lemon. Although it was listed under the salads no the menu, I expected there to be some kind of heat on the plate and that was my one criticism. Other than that, the flavors all worked nicely together. No need for additional seasoning.

Next up: Naturally-raised NEW YORK STRIP STEAK parmesan fries & chanterelle mushroom butter. Ok, so I treated myself to a piece of red meat. And, BOY was I happy. Ordered it black and blue and it came out perfectly prepared with the chanterelle mushroom butter on top. The parmesan fries were dusted with cheese and fried up to perfection. The bartender brought me some spicy mustard and I was in heaven. A glass of Argentinian Malbec accompanied my entree.

No dessert this time. There was room for an Irish Coffee before Guy joined me for what would have been a nightcap here, but following last call, we ended the night at Niso's with Josh for one last cocktail.

A good night.

Next stop: DOS CAMINOS-MEATPACKING

No comments: