Monday, June 1, 2009

Havana Central, Union Square

I made a reservation on OPENTABLE.Com to celebrate the belated birthday of my sister (30 years old) and to get a chance to to OUT with my sis. It was an amazing night. We had 7:15 reservations, so of course, as those of you know me, I was early. I sat at the bar and had an amazing Blackberry (boy do I miss mine-story to come) Margarita while I waited for sister to arrive. She arrived promptly at 7:15

We sat and as we are both creatures of habit, we had both looked at the menu the night before on line. Good times. We are definitely related! I ordered a blackberry mojito and my sister a cranberry and ginger ale-she was driving although she did have a taste and enjoyed my sugar cane stick! We decided on the lobster stuffed avocado and plantains and guacamole to munch on before our main courses. Sandi ordered the Paella and the Oxtail Stew for myself. Yumo! (YES, I CANNOT STAND RACHEL RAY!).

Then, when we were finished, we considered looking at the dessert menu. And waited... And Waited... AND WAITED... INTRODUCE SINGING AND CANDLE AND FLAN! I had mentioned in my opentable reservation that we were celebrating my sister's birthday. Four servers came out and sang at the top of the lungs-embarrassed? Not a chance. Have you met my sister and I? LOL!

The bill did not break that bank and we had a great time. Head to Havana Central when you have a chance. The Upper West Side location in the West End building has live music and a great bar scene. Union Square has a small bar in the window/entrance and the Times Square location is also busy. Check it out!

No comments: