Monday, June 1, 2009

ROBBERY

After coming home following a long day at school, I made some guacamole and then decided to head to the gym (CRUNCH, West 83rd Street). Perhaps I will not go again on a Friday evening.

I entered the gym shortly after 7:00 p.m. Undressed, put my belongings in the locker and locked my lock. Hard workout:2 hours. At shortly after 9:00 p.m. I entered the locker room and took over my sweaty clothes and walked over to get a plastic bag to place them in before putting them in my JACK SPADE bag. I bumped into a guy in the locker room wearing a black button down shirt, dark pants and holding what looked to be an empty gym bag. He said excuse me and walked past me. I looked him straight in the eye. While I was placing my belongings in my locker, he was loitering in the back of the room, but I paid him no mind. I went to shower and came back to the lockers.

I noticed my shorts were wedged between the mirror and the bench and thought that was odd, since I had placed them in the locker before going to shower. I looked at my locker. The lock was torn off, the latch was busted and upon further observation, my debit card, blackberry and $300 in cash were missing. I know, stupid me for having that much cash, but I honestly forgot to leave it at home and it was in a safe place, so I thought. The police came and took a report. ATT was great about suspending my service and sending me a new phone (I SHOULD BE BACK IN BUSINESS TOMORROW (tuesday)). Citibank was great about sending me a new card and blocking my account.

Thank you Detective Galan for your help and hard work. I hope we get an arrest sometime this week... Now, I am wearing a fanny pack at the gym. NOT SO MUCH! Good times.

No comments: